We’ve already discussed how important we believe marketing automation is to small business in today’s world. However, a lot of the information we’ve offered has been largely subjective. Our rhetoric stands to prove how powerful a tool it is because we’ve personally prospered from it. If you’re still sceptical, allow us take a slightly different approach. Checkout these marketing automation facts, and understand how it can maximise your conversion and sales.
We understand that with a limited budget, investing in new technology can be low on the totem pole. The problem is though that marketing, sales and relationship management just takes up so much time throughout the working week. Offload all this unnecessary responsibility, focus on more important issues- and maybe even reclaim your weekends!
Marketing Automation Facts: The Figures Don’t Lie
We’ve sourced these facts and figures from the reports linked below. Although we can discuss the benefits of automation till the cows come home, we just want to offer this information straightforwardly and allow you to make up your own mind.
Marketing Automation: Adoption
- On average, 49% of companies are currently using marketing automation, with more than half of B2B companies (55%) adopting the technology.
- 91% of the most successful users agree that marketing automation is “very important” to the overall success of their marketing across channels.
- 77% of CMOs at top-performing companies indicate their most compelling reason for implementing marketing automation is to grow revenue.
- The 5 industries with the highest marketing automation adoption rates are 1. Software & Internet, 2. Telecommunications, 3. Computer & Electronics, 4. Health & Pharma, and 5. Business Services.
- 27% of companies say they still consider themselves “new” to marketing automation.
- 63% of all companies using marketing automation right now are doing better than their peers.
Marketing Automation Facts: ROI
- Marketing automation drives a 14.5% increase in sales productivity and a 12.2% reduction in marketing overhead.
- Businesses that use marketing automation to nurture prospects experience a 451% increase in qualified leads.
- 57% of users think marketing automation is either an inexpensive choice or worth the money.
- Three-quarters of marketers say the biggest benefit of automation is saving time. Other benefits include increased customer engagement (68%), more timely communications (58%) and increased opportunities such as upselling (58%).
- Four in five users increased their leads by using marketing automation software and almost as many (77%) saw an increase in conversions.
- Sending personalised emails to all of your customers, no matter how many customers you have, will provide 700% more revenue than email blasts.
- Automation causes conversion rates to increase by an average of 53%.
Marketing Automation Facts: Other Benefits
- Marketing automation will solve the problem of who and when to deliver your content. Being able to get the right inbound marketing content to people with perfect timing will exponentially increase your ability to generate leads.
- Automation reduces the number of tasks that you and the rest of your team have to engage in, allowing the tasks to get done quicker and saving you from spending on hours of work.
- Marketing automation will streamline the delivery of your content so it can continuously provide you with SEO benefits.
- 88% of marketers said that reducing the time spent on preparing reports and analysis, thereby granting more time for strategy and focusing on customer interactions, would be valuable.
- 63% of survey respondents indicate that the ability to set measurable objectives for each of their campaigns is the biggest value driver of marketing automation.
- 45% of agencies rely on marketing automation platforms to show ROI and 42% use marketing automation to measure performance.
So What’s Next?
If you’re reading this you might be worried you’ve already missed the boat and are behind your competitors. Well don’t worry, there’s plenty of time to still get involved and reap the rewards these systems offer. As a final point, I’d like you to consider the last two facts below:
- By 2020, customers will manage 85% of their relationships without talking to a human
- 85% of B2B marketers feel that they’re not using their marketing automation platform to its full potential.
Yes, the prevalence of automation is only going one way – it’s literally taking over. However, there is still plenty of time to invest and use these fantastic tools. Even though there’s many business already managing service through automation, plenty of them aren’t doing it properly yet.
It won’t be long before it’s an absolute necessity you’re using automation, but you can still be a pioneer in your industry and lead the way. Analyse your weekly duties and identify what could be streamlined through automation. These systems are incredibly dynamic and can even manage something as simple as your morning coffee order.
There’s plenty of options out there, so take a look around and stop wasting time on tedious tasks you don’t need to be doing.
If you’d like any advice on how automation can help you personally, get in touch with us today. We want to help your business succeed online, so let’s work together and get you sorted!
Comments are closed.